It is a necessity to choose your food fuel, in quality and quantity. But, I want to point out that it is especially the quality of the food and its frequency of intake that will strongly influence your health.
Indeed, the quantity will only reflect your fluctuating needs day by day depending on your condition (if you are sick or not), your activity (professional, housewife, sports …), the temperature of your environment (notion of thermal neutrality ) and many other things.
The eating behavior remains the foundation of our relationship with food.
The diet is linked to many parameters more or less variable in time: psychological state (level of anxiety, stress , neuroses, psychoses …), time for oneself, sports activity (intensity, volume, …), professional situation ( working day, night, liberal, team, traveling, …), family situation (married, single, number of children …) …
When we try to change the way we eat, it is necessary to research what could be the factors that favor the imbalance of our eating behavior . There is too much a tendency to ban food, not to be interested in the people and the relationships they have with these foods. The approach is quite different: we must work upstream to deal with the problem downstream.
Each food (raw food) has virtues (except processed products from the food industry), but it is the frequency (and in a second time their quality and quantity) to which they are present in our food which makes us consume too much (excess of cold cuts, red meats, butter, saturated fats, …) or not enough (vegetables, fruits, fish, fibers , omega 3 fatty acids …), which over time favors the appearance of various pathologies (overweight, diabetes, hypertension, cholesterol , triglycerides, cancers, cardiovascular diseases …).
Some fundamental points
For a balanced diet at the qualitative level, which obviously remains to be adapted case by case according to the characteristics of each one (especially concerning the quantities):
- Drink at least 1.0 to 1.5L of water a day . This is very often a minimum. The urine should be clear at night. Increase this amount with physical activity and surrounding temperature. Choose spring, mineral or tap water;
- As important as the observance of the day / night cycle: separate your food intake on the day at regular times to avoid food cravings and drifting type nibbling, bulimia. We can cite the example with 3 main meals in the day with possibly 1 or 2 snacks. It’s about adapting according to your needs. The dinner should be a normal meal and not “light”, but should not be the most important of the day;
- Do not add salt to your dishes, the food already takes care of it. Thus, you leave a safety margin in your sodium intake. Avoid aerated water with a Sodium content greater than 100mg.L -1 . If you salt heavily, decrease gradually, your feelings for the salty will gradually adapt and you will quickly find the taste without having to add salt;
- Same for sugar. If you suck heavily, gradually decrease the quantities. In quality, avoid white sugar and prefer to sweeten with naturally sweet products such as honey, maple syrup and agave; Note: Similarly, as a substitute for sugar, avoid consuming synthetic sugars (artificial sweeteners). Prefer honey, agave syrup, maple, rice, birch … It is interesting to also take into account the glycemic index of food.
- Consume cereals and cereal products with little or no refinement daily: minimum 200 to 300g per day. This includes :
- Unrefined cereals: rice, wheat, quinoa, spelled, oats, rye …; avoid breakfast cereals in extruded petals, chocolate, all colors and prefer muesli, oats;
- Bread: complete, rye, bis, multi-grain, corn, spelled, .. except white bread; and its derivatives: rusks, cakes, … minimum 150g per day;
- Cereal products: whole wheat pasta , polenta, rice noodles, gnocchi …;
- Potatoes: 2 times minimum per week. If you make them in the form of fries, focus on olive oil in a pan or oven;
- Pulses: broken peas, lentils, white beans, red beans, beans … to be consumed at least once or twice a week;
- Bring fresh vegetables daily to satisfy the fiber intake too frequently low: 400g minimum per day in the fresh state. All vegetables are good, raw, cooked, in soup (the fibers do not disappear!). If you find that these are foods that do not affect the taste buds, fry them in a little olive oil, add herbs, herbs …;
- Consume at least 2 fresh fruits per day including a minimum citrus fruit (grapefruit, pomelo, orange, lemon, mandarin, clementine …) for their vitamin C intake which is a powerful antioxidant and citrates (alkalizing effect);
- Choose a minimum of 150 to 200g of meat and / or fish and / or egg or vegetable equivalent (soy steak, tofu …) per day to ensure a minimum quota of protein of good biological value. We prefer all fish by focusing on the fat (rich in omega 3 ) minimum 2 times / week (salmon, tuna, mackerel, sardines, herring … limiting the eel). Then, meat type chicken, rabbit, turkey, guinea fowl, veal, small game, no contraindication, cons, regarding the red meat (2 to 3 times maximum / week, we choose the least fat like steak, rump , tournedos, tab, stem, bib … the steaks and ribs richer will be consumed punctually;
- “Smartly grease your dishes” (see article on lipids ) : use vegetable oils of olive (2 tablespoons minimum) and rapeseed (3 tablespoons minimum) daily for your salads and cooking. Use the butter in the raw state punctually to accompany the breakfast, crustacean shellfish, some entries of crudités …;
- Use spices, herbs, herbs, strong vegetables to flavor your dishes and you want to eat well and sit down with your appetite. Their diversity is quite wide and everyone finds what he needs.